To use the SystmOnline service, you will need to ask at reception for a SystmOnline username and password. You cannot register for this service online because the practice needs to verify your identity. You will be asked to provide proof of identity if you are new to our practice. We will then give you a SystmOnline username and password. If we already have an email address for you, we will send you a confirmation email containing your SystmOnline username and the SystmOnline website address.
Wait an hour before trying to log in to the website. Type in your username and password and click Login.
You will then see the SystmOnline Home page, which shows your details and your GP practice's contact details at the top.
You can navigate to all the online services from the Home page. To return to it, click Home in the blue menu bar or click the Back button on any page.
You will initially be given a random password and when you log on for the first time, you will be prompted to change it to something more memorable. Passwords must be eight or more characters long and must contain at least one number and one non-alphanumeric character, e.g. '!' or '?'.
Online Services Instructions
If you need to change your password:
- Click the Change Password link on the Home page.
- Type in the current password.
- Type in the new password.
- Re-type the new password.
- Click Submit. You are advised to memorise the new password. Do not write it down or disclose it to anyone else.
- Click Back.
If you forget your password, you can reset it yourself, provided we have an email address for you on record.
To reset a forgotten password yourself:
- Click the I've forgotten my password link on the Login page.
- Type in your username and email address on the Reset Password page.
- Click Reset Password. You will receive an email containing a new password.
- Use the new password to log in to SystmOnline. You will be prompted to change the password to one of your own choice as soon as you log in. The password must be eight or more characters long and must contain at least one number and one non-alphanumeric character, e.g. '!' or '?'.
You will be able to see up to five past appointments and all future appointments. You will also be able to book and cancel appointments.
You can book appointments up to 2 weeks in advance and can book a maximum of 2 appointments at any time.
Viewing Past/Future Appointments
Click the View Past Appointments/View Future Appointments link on the Home page, or click Past Appointments/Future Appointments on the main menu bar.
This page shows the date, day, start and end time of past appointments as well as the location, clinician and booking status, e.g. 'Booked'.
Click Details to see the full address and any special instructions, e.g. 'Please remember to bring your medication.'
To print these details, click Print.
Booking an Appointment
Click the Book Appointment link on the Home page or click Book Appointment on the main menu bar.
The page displayed shows details of all the sessions at your GP practice that are available for online booking. The table shows the date an appointment is available, the earliest and latest slot times, as well as the location, clinician and session type.
Click View Available Appts at the end of the row for the session you require.
A list of appointments is displayed showing the appointment type, start and end time, and duration of the appointment. The most useful columns for you are Start Time and End Time.
Click Book at the end of the row for the appointment you require.
Check the details of the appointment, including the full address - if your practice operates from more than one site, check that this is where you want to go. If appropriate, type the reason for your appointment in the Reason field, e.g."Asthma check". This will help our staff to prepare for your appointment. Bear in mind, however, that any information you provide may be visible to all of our team and not just to the clinician you are going to see.
To continue without booking the appointment, click Cancel.
To confirm the appointment, click Book Appointment. The appointment is confirmed.
To print the details, click Print. Otherwise, click Back or any other menu option.
Cancelling an Appointment
To cancel an appointment:
- Click the View Future Appointments link on the Home page, or click Future Appointments on the main menu bar.
- Click the Cancel Appointment button relating to the appropriate appointment.
- Check the appointment details and click Cancel this appointment.
- To continue without cancelling the appointment, click Back or any other menu option; otherwise, click Close.
Click the Current Prescriptions link on the Home page, or Current Prescriptions on the main menu bar.
All current repeat prescriptions are listed with the drug, dosage, quantity, last issued date and status. An empty tick box in the left-hand column means you can ask for a new prescription for that drug.
To request a repeat prescription:
- Select the drug by clicking on the box in the left-hand column. If the item you require is not listed or if you need to include further information with your request, type the details into the Medication Request Notes field. When providing this information, you should bear in mind that it may be visible to all practice staff.
- Click Request Medication. The Medication Order Summary is displayed, stating that a request has been sent to the practice to re-prescribe the item(s), and that the prescription will be ready for collection in two working days (after 2pm).
- Click Return to Current Medication to return to the Current Prescriptions page where the status of the drug will show that it has been requested.
To change your address, phone number(s) or email address:
- Click the Change Contact Details link on the Home page.
- Type in your new details, then click Submit new contact details. A message is displayed, showing that your details were sent successfully.
Note: If you are happy for your practice to send text messages to your mobile phone, e.g. appointment reminders, select Allow SMS notifications and ensure that you have provided your mobile number.
You can give other SystmOnline users access to your SystmOnline account(s). To set up the additional users on your account:
- Click the Grant Additional Access link on the Home page.
- Type a name for the account.
- Ask the other person to type in the SystmOnline username and password that they currently use to log in to SystmOnline.
- Click Submit. A message is displayed to confirm that the extra user has been added.
Giving someone else access to your account will give them access to all of your SystmOnline accounts. For example, if you have two different usernames that you use to book appointments at two different units, the extra person will be able to log in under either of your usernames, as well as any of their own. Once logged in, the extra user can access all the features of the SystmOnline service on your behalf.
To remove the extra accounts:
- Click the Grant Additional Access link on the Home page.
- Click the Remove button next to the account you want to remove.
- A message is displayed to confirm that you want to remove the account. Click either Confirm to remove the extra account, or Cancel to go back to the Home page.
Please use this service responsibly. In the case of any abuse of the service, your GP practice can prevent you from accessing the service by stopping your username and password from working.
Examples of irresponsible use of the system may include, but are not limited to:
- registering at a GP practice when you have no intention of using it as your usual GP practice
- registering at a GP practice outside your catchment area
- booking appointments you have no intention of attending
- repeatedly booking and then cancelling appointments
- repeatedly requesting prescriptions that you do not need
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. The personal information you enter on this website is strictly controlled. Information entered is available only to members of staff with appropriate access rights at your GP practice - i.e. those managing appointment booking, repeat prescribing and patient registration. Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties. Your personal information will not be sold to any third parties.